Becoming Yourself Series: Mindfulness, Balance and Growth
Sep 15, 2020 to Oct 21, 2020
10:30AM to 11:20AM
(Tuesdays 12:30 or Wednesdays 10:30 on September 15 – October 21)
Register now for this FREE 6 week virtual series
Who am I? How can I live a life that supports my true self and values?
How do I find balance in various parts of life and develop a daily routine?
How can I balance planning for the future while embracing the life I am living now?
Start this new and unusual school year by consciously creating your life to match your authentic self. A chance to find support with other travelers on the path who are asking similar questions. Try a variety of mindfulness practices and experiment with integrating them into your daily life.
We will explore the following themes:
• Set goals for each area of your life this term consciously create a sustainable daily routine
• Practice self-care and self-compassion
• Build confidence, purpose, and joy
• Reflect on and articulate your values and life dreams
• Develop a mindful, compassionate definition of success
• How to work with weaknesses and difficult emotions such as fear, loneliness, frustration or uncertainty
• Integrate gratitude into daily life while developing compassion for others and contributing to a better world
The course includes weekly 50 minute zoom workshops with interactive group exercises, self-awareness and mindfulness practices to try at home, and a meeting with a staff coach. You will be guided in practicing daily mindfulness exercises in your own time and submit a short weekly reflection about your experiences of these exercises.
This series is funded by Student Open Circles and is open to post-secondary students at no cost.